View Single Post
Old 2007-08-19, 03:29   Link #65
2H-Dragon
Silent Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urotsukidoji View Post
Not all rappers rap about "niggas and bitches" (to them, "bitches" and "hos" are technically the same thing) just like not all rock stars sing about women leaving them. Tony Kakko of Sonata Arctica and James Hetfield of Metallica both include extensive literary references in their vocals (Sonata Arctica's Wolf and Raven is a completely obvious homage to Shakespeare's Macbeth). The extreme power metal band DragonForce tends to sing more about driving a Dire Sword of Frost straight through an orc's head rather than about love. The death metal band Cannibal Corpse sings exclusively about gore rather than love (song titles like "Blunt Force Castration," "Drowning in Viscera," "Hammer Smashed Face," "Dormant Bodies Bursting," and "Hatchet to the Head" are a testament to this). NWOBHM band Iron Maiden prefer epic vocals and high-flying dual guitar wankery, and incorporate poetic and literary references into their songs (check out "The Rime of the Ancient Mariner," which retells the poem of the same name).
Of course they don't all sing about the same thing. It was just kinda way to make a point that lyrics ain't that important. Hell we listened to them all already, but where still ready to hear some more.
Even if they sing about other things I just don't care tbh. IMO music is for listening. Nothing more nothing less. Of course there are some songs with deep lyrics, but I am not listening to music for the dept of lyrics. If you are looking for some dept and things that will change your views on life I think you are looking at the wrong place.
2H-Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote