View Single Post
Old 2004-03-12, 10:29   Link #10
GHDpro
Administrator
*Administrator

G-G:
Sure, I know Spanish is really different from Portuguese. What my comment was about
was what you mentioned: is Pt-Portuguese so different from Br-Portuguese that say,
for the site we need translations for both. Unlike Spanish, where it shouldn't matter if
you are from Mexico, Venezuela or Spain, as even if there are differences, people from
those countries should still be able to understand the same Spanish translation.

Now to your comment about licensing: although some places of the site may need to be
clearified or rewritten, IMHO while licensing typically is about areas/countries, for me it's
about languages. If something is licensed in English, then no English fansubs should exist
for it anymore ANYwhere, and you should buy the DVDs if you want to watch it. If you're
not from the US then this still shouldn't matter because you can import OR continue your
own language fansubs. Here is where AnimeSuki makes a slight destinction: we won't list
any fansubs once it's licensed in English. But if something is truely "fansubbed", I wouldn't
mind if you still find the other-language fansubs for it and watch them.
GHDpro is offline   Reply With Quote