Thread: Licensed Saraiya Goyou
View Single Post
Old 2010-04-23, 00:19   Link #61
musouka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Falling View Post
Yaichi notes Masa got drawn in without him even having to do anything; is what's interesting about Masa his weakness, his malleability?
Sorry, gotta agree with Yaichi. Akitsu is fascinating to watch, and probably the most interesting character in the series so far. It's not so much a matter of weakness as it is watching him desperately attempt to hold on to his morals while confronted with something he really longs for--people to talk to, who seem to accept him. Akitsu can refuse the gold--and even feels a sort of superiority in his hunger pangs--but he can't refuse the sound of his first name coming from someone else's lips.

(That's also why it's so interesting when you realize he's being lied to. Five Leaves is already complete without him.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Falling View Post
I prefer yuri for my gender-equal character dramas.
Just because a writer has done male/male work in the past, it doesn't mean this colors all of their work that isn't under that label. While I can't disagree that there aren't (very faint) homoerotic undertones, I think your tone here is a little glib and not befitting of the nuanced situation put forth by this series.
ずっと変りはしない
musouka is offline   Reply With Quote