View Single Post
Old 2012-03-12, 15:42   Link #154
PreSage
Strangely dependable...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
What good does increasing the death toll do? If anything it will make those investigating want to work faster to resolve it sooner.
Like I said in my post, an increase in death rate (inevitable link to an increase in death toll), would make it more likely (statistical probability) that the members of those investigating will end up being dead as well - this theory makes the assumption that the curse cannot choose who it kills, so by increasing the rate of death, it may have a better chance of stopping those investigating it by sheer probability.

And you are right that an increase in death will force the students to investigate faster - so it is a race against time and each other for both the curse and the students.

I don't think, personally, that the curse is sentient per se but there may be elements that are at work to protect it.

I vaguely remember at the beginning of the series something along the line that the class gets closer to death each time the calamity happens? That they are more or more easily invaded by apparitions? But my memory could be wrong...

[/TH][/TR][/table]