View Single Post
Old 2009-01-22, 22:41   Link #35
BlackNhite
Best of both worlds

Location: A land far, far away... or very, very close, depends on where you live
Quote:
So she's the plot-device of the crew? Whenever someone tries to point out her use, italways winds up being plot, and nothing else. I suppose it's a good thing, but a little unrealistic for the strawhats to want to keep her around, no?
I suppose not, but it's a good enough reason for Oda to keep her around. She's a good source of information, but most of her tangents she finds herself running off on are more beneficial to the audience than the Strawhats. Even her occupation as the sole surviving reader of ponyglyphs will lead to this eventually.

Still, odd as it is, has anyone else realized that Robin is the only memberof the Strawhats that formally requesed to join the crew? The fact that she willingly went along without being asked by Luffy is probably what makes her the most unique member just from a symbolic point of view.

And besides, even if Robin has no concrete use to the crew, I doubt that Luffy himself would really care. He asked Gaimon to join and the man had no practical use what-so-ever.

"It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us.

"Your playing small does not serve the world, there is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you.

"We were all meant to shine as children do.

"It's not just in some of us, it's in everyone.

"And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give others permission to do the same.

"As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others."
BlackNhite is offline   Reply With Quote