View Single Post
Old 2009-04-12, 11:34   Link #2086
Sciel
Etoilé

First it was Vesperia will never come to the PS3 . Now its Vesperia will never be released for the PS3 in the US . Won't surprise me if the 360 fanboys say something like Vesperia will blow up your PS3 next .

Quote:
Look at the Japanese and North American boxart. Only the North American version includes the ONLY ON XBOX 360 logo. Even Star Ocean: The Last Hope's North American boxart doesn't have the logo, so Microsoft might have funded the localization of the game outside of Japan, which would explain why the logo was only on the North American version, and why it was released so quickly after the Japanese version.
There is no proof of this whatsoever that MS funded the translation . Everyone can speculate but no one will ever know . Also , it makes little sense for MS to fund the translation since the reason they wanted Vesperia and the other Jrpgs on the 360 was to push the 360 in Japan. PS , the logo bit is bull . MS sticks the logo on almost everything that comes to their platform first .
EG :

Quote:
The additions in Vesperia for PS3 push doubts even further. Considering the amount of new voiced material needed, these additions wouldn't be a quick job in the recording studio. As the PS3 is region-free, with so much dialogue, if the English voice actors weren't available to reprise their roles a delay is possible, encouraging import sales. Considering this version could be considered by some fans as a Director's Cut, they would be unlikely to pay again just to have the English version. This could also cause an situation where the original voice actor for any given character might not be available, leaving them to either forgo voicing the extra scenes for that character, or replacing them entirely, causing even more voice work to have to be done.
Oh yes so now everyone who wanted to play Vesperia has already played it? Give me a break , not everybody would buy a 360 just to play it . About the VA thingy , I've read that the script is about 1 page longer (From 5 pages long) . I believe Eternal Sonata for the PS3 was around that much longer so i don't see what the issue it . At worst , they would just not record the audio for certain scenes . Essentially all the voicework is almost done anyways .
Quote:
the Xbox 360 version will be released in Europe this summer. If the PlayStation 3 version was announced for North America in the next few months, how would the people who felt they got suckered into buying an "incomplete" version? Like the possibly voice actor delay, to maximize the sales of the European version, they would need to delay a North America version of the PlayStation 3 version, causing sales to go to the import version.
Blame MS? Moneyhatting everything screws everyone up.

To me all of this sounds like sour grapes on the part of 360 fanboys . While i do hope and expect it to come to the NA , all this bitterness and negativity from these closet 360 fanboys cracks me up.
Sciel is offline   Reply With Quote