View Single Post
Old 2010-04-23, 08:36   Link #1399
Meatrose
Antihero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arbitres View Post

@Meatrose: So I see. Though is it an official announcement? If not, I wouldn't put weight behind it too much. Other then that, I don't quite understand (1)

2010 was when it all began (Lelouch probably could've lived in Japan, happy with Nunnally and Suzaku. Of course, Japan's Sakuradite supremacy caused Britannia to act.) so I guess that would make sense? I haven't been following, to be honest. (2)

Explain, I'm just a tad lost. Is it the announcement official or not? If not then I say wait for something official, if it is then am I right on my assumption? Probably not. (3)
1) I don't see any reason to believe that the information is not official at this point. I'll develop that train of thought below, in the third segment.

2) Yes, a.t.b. 2010 is when it all began, but the main story of the original series takes place a.t.b. 2017 (S1) - a.t.b. 2018(R2). This side story being set a.t.b. 2017 means that it's set during the first season, or possibly during the beginning of the one year gap between the seasons.

3) I don't doubt the information posted at ANN (for once) as the only source of information should be the Kiseki no Tanjobi DVDs and BDs and they were released today. We already knew that we were going to see a teaser and that they were going to announce the staff. Since different independent teaser translations are saying the same thing and since none of the information contradicts anything else I find it hard to believe that it's not authentic.

Edit: And just to clarify; as it appears this is not about the canon characters, this is the story of an isolated incident, a side story with (most probably) a new cast. Sure, some canon characters may or may not appear and play some sort of role but I sincerely hope that they won't since none of the original creators (Okouchi and Taniguchi) appears to be involved in this project.

Last edited by Meatrose; 2010-04-23 at 08:56.
Meatrose is offline   Reply With Quote