View Single Post
Old 2011-08-03, 21:39   Link #23557
Wanderer
Goat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kealym View Post
While I can't be certain my ideas are correct, I see no reason to ignore that he literally said "gold truth". It amounts about equally to what you're saying, anyway. Also, remember that Will mentioned "Golden Truth" regarding EP4's first and second twilight. Those seem like the only instances in Beato's game's, also, where we can be certain that a large number of people are holding to a lie in order to build a closed room, so it seems appropriate.

I think your theory about EP2 reflects more or less the consensus, though it should be said that Kumasawa and Nanjo are portrayed, with very, very little exception, as entirely at Yasu's beck and call. The only true sheep Rosa put out (and arguably out of all 18 humans) is Gohda, who noone gives a crap about. Both the degree, and the time at which Rosa was in on the plot is open to the reader's fancy.
Yeah, your interpretation of Will's "gold truth" remarks is completely viable, but I also like mine. Unfortunately, Ryukishi gave us only 2 examples with the gold text, so we don't have much to go on there.

Upon review, ep4 4th twilight weakens the bribe idea, I think. Another thought- the "gold truth" may refer to Beatrice (the golden witch) and her narrative, which in these cases is a complete fabrication. Example in ep2 is that not only was the chapel door not locked, but the fact that it was a "closed room" was never even discussed later by any of the characters: No one was even pretending it was a closed room (interestingly, this would allow an argument for Rosa's innocence). And of course, the "gold truth" of ep4 first and second twilights were themselves complete fiction.

Gohda is not a true sheep. He also (obviously) lied in ep4 about Kinzo and his entourage in the dining hall. As for the portrayal of other characters, Nanjo and Kumasawa are definitely well connected with Yasu, but regardless of that I think that the accomplices in murder vary from Game to Game, just as the murder methods and order does (all to keep the mystery interesting for Battler).

Quote:
... ... actually, thinking on it ... it's rather odd that Gohda survived the fight with demon Kanon. It's extremely odd. No matter how I think about what Yasu's motivations were, there is no purpose keeping Gohda alive that either simply killing him or keeping Nanjo or Kumasawa alive would not serve better. Whim?
On the other hand, my theory fits the situation perfectly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renall View Post
Could Ronove do the same thing? Alternately, could Virgilia do all the things Ronove does? If so, you can cut one of them with little to no effect.
Quote:
Well, Virgilia certainly isn't helping this stories extremely disparate gender ratio. The lack of manservice is appalling - appalling, I say! Both of them, and Gaap, should've gotten more screentime, though.
I pretty much thought the same thing, on both accounts.

Quote:
I remamber back in EP4 when I was desperately considering who Gaap's vessel was, and landed on either Nanjo, for the secret-Kinzo-homolust-lulz (though I'm still fairly certain about Genji's), or Jessica, because that just made so ... much ... sense, IMO.
Jessica would be an excellent explanation. In my case, I thought Gaap may have been Shannon, based on how George dealt with her. I theorized that maybe Gaap was some other personality of Shannon's (haha, the irony), and that George was holding back because he wanted to defeat Gaap without hurting Shannon. So yeah, like you, I thought that there might be some hints in the magic narrative there, but nope. All noise.

Last edited by Wanderer; 2011-08-04 at 01:24. Reason: Got a fact wrong. Fixed it.
Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote