View Single Post
Old 2011-10-15, 22:22   Link #74
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
I've certainly come around to feeling sympathetic towards Ringo, although I do find her transformation from Yuno Gasai-lite to the gentle and vulnerable waif she is now rather too rapid and complete to be strictly believable under the circumstances. But really, this episode boils down to her receiving a taste of her own medicine, and I think that was how it was intended. She used others to her own ends, caused them to be hurt, and intended to take advantage of someone sexually while they were drugged. What goes around, comes around.
I think that Ringo is tsundere towards Sho. What we saw in Episode 14 is simply the "deredere" side of that.

Ringo's transition from yandere (for Tabuki) to tsundere (for Sho) is so seamless that it can be hard to notice that Ringo has changed. So I can understand where you find her change rapid, in part because it's not being helped along by inner monologues, whereas inner monologues where initially used to show just how yandere and delusional Ringo once was.

Ringo's whole problem until she finally gave up on Tabuki was simply that she was deeply delusional. She sincerely thought her and Tabuki were absolutely meant to be together, and went right to the wall to make that happen.

The irony is Ringo is now the target of someone with a completely identical sort of conviction - Yuri sincerely believes that her and Momoka are soul mates, and that Ringo will become Momoka, and hence Yuri is attempting to force herself sexually on Ringo. What makes the irony even richer is that in both cases it all revolves around the notion of Ringo being and/or becoming Momoka.

But in any event, with Ringo's delusions shattered, she's now become a relatively standard anime girl, just with some tsundere tendencies (and perhaps a touch of genki girl).