View Single Post
Old 2012-09-29, 14:05   Link #322
Ulquiorra
Inactive Member

Send a message via ICQ to Ulquiorra Send a message via AIM to Ulquiorra Send a message via Yahoo to Ulquiorra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ero-Senn1n View Post

This episode with the moms and children could have been good if the anime team were able to write a story for one episode, but they failed miserably. The moms attacking with frying pans and such was simply dumb and sexist. The moms of both Naruto and Sasuke were chuunin or jounin level ninja, why is it that these moms looked like average housewives. Some of them should be able to perform some ninja techniques, even if it's only some exploding tags. They attacked the bad guys like a bunch of idiots would do, one would expect them to be smarter, so if they lack raw power and jutsu then let them be smart. The bad guys were also a bunch of morons, instead of being real missing nins and other real criminals who try to take advantage of the war.
It was sexist. But that is a values dissonance with Japan. What was just lazy though was forgetting that Shikamaru's mom is a NINJA! She is a chunnin. Why have her fight with a frying pan?

It could have been cool to see a group of rogue ninja/bandits use the war to take over Konoha. And the women could have shown great strength overcoming the invaders. But instead we got another "Will of Fire" lesson for stupid Konohamaru.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
I'll give you that but the infamous year-long filler of the original Naruto is an exercise in how not to make anime of any kind. I'm still surprised that the show didn't get cancelled during that hell.
Naruto was never in danger of being canceled like Bleach. The great mystery of Naruto filler is it gets the same ratings as canon. The year long filler of Part 1 maintained the show's ratings. Shippuden filler arcs get similar ratings to Shippuden canon arcs. These three war filler episodes will get similar rating to canon.

Complaining about filler is a Western thing. The audience for the anime skews younger in Japan. As long as it is on, they watch it. If Naruto's ratings suffer, it is because kids are losing interest. Not because of filler.
Ulquiorra is offline   Reply With Quote