View Single Post
Old 2013-08-16, 11:38   Link #31
hyl
reading #hikaributts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haiprbim View Post
You clearly only want to headbutt in here and trash my idea away, with no direct point.
You just keep on saying how the essence itself is chaotic. Please, stop being so aggressive against someone who only wants to help with improvement. I'm not trying to push any kind of ideals onto you, you could also consider this from other angles as well.

Also, here are a few statements I do not quite understand.

"You want to favour a certain group (thread creators that check the forum daily), while punishing everybody else that wants to start a thread." - Why would someone want to start a thread and then leave it behind, and not maintain it? I do not see the point there.

"It takes a single bump to push another thread to the second page, something that you yourself has claimed to be the "dead" of any topic. By the time your "fair limits" kick in, it is already too late for another thread." - Then that thread could be bumped as well, if the creator of it is still active. If it is not, then there should be no worries for a known thread to get back on track and in action, since members could have either memorized it or subscribed to it, so falling behind Page 1 would not be an issue. That is for older threads. The whole bumping system would be for newer threads to get known around.
In the end, the older threads would push the newer thread on the 2nd page anyway, and if the newer thread would indeed be so uninteresting, the bumping option would be disabled for it. That's pretty much that, but I want to give the newer, not so-known threads around a way to start off.

In any way, I already said that the idea is more at a "No" than a "Yes" at the moment, but you still had to input that you greatly dislike the idea for no clear reason whatsoever.
Well, I can't judge anyone, since it is only an idea that wasn't put into action or any kind of test.

Sorry if this post sounded rough, but what I got from you was a meaningless attack on me and the idea, and then saying Moving on... Well, yeah, that's that.

From your post, what I agree with is the Moving on... part, since I seem to be the only one with this kind of an idea, which was already respectfully disapproved by an Administrator.
I hope you are getting the picture of what I meant by saying "a meaningless, aggressive attack" now.
Your suggestion is an almost same repeat of the last time
http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=119203
And back then most people didn't exactly favor that idea.

Also some of the points that you try to defend now , were already discussed. You are assuming and expecting too much of the people here if you really think that every threadstarter is going to maintain this thread, but whatever.