Thread: Kamisama Kazoku
View Single Post
Old 2006-05-22, 11:22   Link #67
Itlandm
Porcupine

Here is how I think: Tenko and Samatarou are very close. If their relationship was a romantic one, it would have advanced far. If it was come that far, there would be erotic feelings. If there were such feelings, sharing a blanket would be embarassing because it makes you think of sharing a bed, just like sharing a glass makes you think of a kiss.

Here is how I think it really is: Tenko and Samatarou have a closeness like that of twins, but are not related by blood. Therefore none of them understand what they feel. Samatarou just takes her for granted, as if she is part of himself. He has not yet really seen her. Tenko is more mature (as girls usually are at that age) and has come to think of him. But she does not understand her feelings yet.

My prediction for the next episodes (I have not read the novels so I'm just making this up): Tenko will experience jealousy and this will make her think of her relationship with Samatarou as a romantic one. She will not be able to support him when he courts the new girl, but will try to sabotage him. Only when she succeeds and sees that Samatarou is unhappy will she realize that she has been wrong all the time, and support him.

That's how I think real people would act, but as you say, this is anime. Anything could happen. That is the great fun of it.
Itlandm is offline   Reply With Quote