Thread: Licensed Akb0048
View Single Post
Old 2012-05-07, 22:18   Link #551
Raiga
tl;dr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
But that's the thing. She helps Nagisa (twice), but when she herself needs help, she belittles Nagisa for trying to help her . If I was Nagisa, I would have told her something like "Did you hit or head something? You're not making any fucking sense!!"

And it's just so funny that she doesn't really understand why the green critter doesn't shine with her. Of course it wouldn't shine, if you're so worry about this rivalry thing that you forgot idols are supposed to bring enjoyment to the people. Your cynical act is not entertaining at all!!
The way I see it, this is all just to set up room for character growth. Of course what she's doing doesn't "make sense" in a way. This is only episode 2, and she's an imperfect character who obviously has some internal conflicts going on.

Heck, I can already see what the resolution will be like. Chieri and Nagisa get into a big argument over the rivalry thing again, until Nagisa finally shouts, "So why did you save me back then?!" And then Chieri realizes she's wrong, or that she's really been lying to herself because of [insert angst here], and then there will be tears and hugs and kisses and it shall be GLORIOUS.

Yes.