View Single Post
Old 2008-02-18, 07:22   Link #20009
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Holy- did I take a step into the past? It's freaking mayhem here, like in the old days.

And, we broke the 20k Barrier!

It's been a while since we last celebrated a barrier break. Feels good to know that this thread is still alive and kicking, even after 20000 posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagerou View Post
Right, Scene VI now. Just a quick info dump, really, has some OFM character development.

Spoiler for MSLN Alpha, Chapter One, Scene VI:
Sometimes the curse turns out to be a blessing in disguise. I had forgotten the infecting abillity the flood part of the spawn had, but with Neltharion's corruption litterally burning away the infection, I can safely say "hell yes!"

Ultralisks may be tough, but they're no match for someone who took on a Bio-Titan.

Although she's aready out for a few weeks in doing so. >_< Ah well, that's Keroko for you. At least she has very able bodyguards watching over her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reiji Tabibito View Post
Wait, seriously? Translated into English? WHERE CAN I FIND THIS?
The game, you'll have to find for yourself. The translation patch, however, can be found at Mirrormoon.org.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron008R View Post
And this reminds me to start thinking how the other Aces should interact with Grandis once he's on the protagonists' side... Up to now... I don't have much of a clue...
Dweh, good question. I'd say him and Keroko would get along fine, probably joking around a lot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saint X View Post
Yes...

It's official~

I'm switching my flagship OC to Bridget!

Thread:

And here's a small WIP that will detail some things about shim...

Spoiler for WIP: Escape from Ground Central:

24 other recruits to lead to safety... in 30 floors, 3000 rooms filled with gadgets, and at least 1 Number inside... (number may increase if Kha decides to add more...)

And outside, mayhem...

And you're the only non-Mid or Velkan in the entire planet (with a slight chance of beating gadgets) as of that moment!

What will you do Bridget?
And Bridget has arived, kicking ass with teddy bears. But... AMF immune? I'm assumin that's because her device is physical, or did I miss somethin in the profile?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha View Post
Spoiler:
My gripe with Power Armors is not the plate, as we know Signum wears plated protectors, Hayate has plate sideguards, Vivio and Keroko have plate covering their stomach and sides and so on and so on, my problem with power armor is the gizmos and wires inside the armor that, basically, makes them robots on their own.

Why?

We already know that normal mages not wearing Power Armor can do pretty much everything someone with Power Armor can do, and then some. Why do they need a bulky armor with all sorts of chips that allow it to move more freely then it should, when a mage without it can do the exact same thing? It doesn't give any advantages. If anything, all the technollogy only makes it more receptive to breaking down during a fight. And we know that mages can match a similar performance just fine, so why do we need masses of mages wielding Power Armor for any other reason then 'it's cool?'

To answer your question of having one ellement, and throwing the other away... I do disagree that as a justification for Power Armors. We have two elements in Nanoha, fantasy and sci-fi. The fantasy element is provided with things such as magic, familiars and dragons. The sci-fi ellement is provided with things such as dimensional spaceships, cyborgs, clones and devices.

The two already balance eachother out as they are, if anything, Power Armor would be the one which would throw away the fantasy side in exchange for the sci-fi.

Barrier Jackets are the main form of armor in Nanoha, they can take on any shape the user desires, from skirts to swimsuits to knight armor, and they all do the same thing: Protect and support the user. Why would you need an armor with all that technojunk? Just create a plate barrier jacket! Same results, much cheaper, more sturdy, the list goes on and on.

You asked 'Where are the knights in shiny machine armor on robot battle chargers?' the answer is simple: They don't exist. In fact, they don't exist for the same reason shiny machine armors don't exist: Why would they have them? By the time magic became the main practice, they long since had bikes, cars and helies, why would they make a robotic horse? Just stick a mage on a bike and you're done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LimitedEternal View Post
Especially when said nine-year olds possess mental maturity of people ten years older.
Indeed. However I just remembered how mature six year old Nanoha was when she, Arisa and Suzuka met, so I might just wing it and write out the scene. Vivio took a leap into maturity during the last episodes of StrikerS anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LimitedEternal View Post
Keroko-tan? Where has she been all this time???
She's been... busy.

Spoiler for busy indeed:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tshouryuu View Post
To be fair, you did not complain when I first brought in Tais, AI Yui and the E.V.A device.
That was in the early days, it wasn't so much of a concern back then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmiralTigerclaw View Post
Okay, before I hit The books again, so to speak. I need some data.

This concerns Regius. As the honcho in charge of ground forces... he was under the control of the brains. The brains had him covering up Jail's actions even though he was criminal and dangerous.

How feasible would it be that Regius, knowing and hating Jail, would order small scale projects with the purpose of countering Jail's threat?
I know he was openly denying funding for equiping the ground forces against the gadget drones. Probably on orders.

But as much as we can tell he really HATES Jail (especially because Jails Numba's killed his friend ZEST.), would it not be expected for someone of his rank to have something on the low down to pull out of his back pocket come Jail making a move? Knowing Jail is up to something.

The reason I put this out is because one way to wrap these little projects (Lawmaker and Crash's armor.) Together is that Regius had already figured Jail for a wild card, if not by the time Zest got killed, at least from then onwards. And needed his own pawns prepared, but they needed to seem trivial, under the radar of the floating brains and Jail.

Unfortunately, his projects would come too late since Jail made his move very quickly once he found what he wanted.
Now, I know he had something in the works... Einherjar... but I haven't the freakin foggiest clue what it is... (Seems to be mentioned as a trump card, but seems to be destroyed before its even revealed.) so I'm off to look around.
You know... Ironicaly, the Enherjar are exactly what you mentioned. His counter against Jail.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tormenk View Post
A few episodes worth of Yagami no Signum-tan?

Okay, bad jokes aside, the idea is just for lulz and crack.

Spoiler for Something like this:

And what's this?

Spoiler for Omake!:

Okay what the hell did I just write?
Lulz indeed. Signum-tan is making Erio's life even more troublesome then it already is.

Quote:
Vita
- Is now canonized as Servant Berserker.
- Graf Eisen's Simon-ism has been dropped.

Signum
- More crack regarding her life story has been added.
- Is now canonized as Servant Archer.
- Note the new sword flash attack! Dynamic Kill animation added!
- Several new Sturmfalke attacks added, of which one is just RIDDLED with crack. Can you take it?!

Go ahead, click on the above to take a look! Comments? Criticisms?
Quote:
Time for T3H HERO of Rebuilt!

LIGHTNING-03
Rebuilt of Erio

Spoiler:

Hmm... Wrong age?
Spoiler for Erio, Knight Rider:
Thank your Meister, Erio, for I made you Grand.

Not a lot of crack as well, but can you spot the VA refs in the post?

And can you think of any more things that Kha and Erio are alike?
Servants, Signum=Nanoha, Archer, Berserker, Bankai, Erio with a gladius....

Rebuilt is going to one huge crackfest, isn't it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
Regarding the barrier jacket vs power armor again.

It can also be explained a la Dune. In Duneverse, the introduction of personal force field-based shields made not only projectiles obsolete and laser too dangerous for everyone, but also eliminated the need for personal armor (while on Arrakis, wearing a shield is too dangerous because of the worms, wearing something like a power armor is ridiculous and stupid because of the nature of Arrakis itself).

Maybe in Midchildia, the ability to cast magical shields did the same. And if one was too worried over his/her personal protection, there are barrier jackets that does its job way better than a full plate, without crippling someone's mobility. (and living up to the sci-fi/fantasy trope that less plates = better armor class!)
*nods* exactly, this is yet one more theory against Power Armors.

Quote:
*Yawn...* (Three in the morning here.)

Still like that Image of future Erio and Caro. Freakin' lady-killer-to-be he is. Caro's not lacking in the looks department either. MEEE-YOW.

I'll put off checking more out tomarrow, when I'm bound to have answers and nitpicks to work on.

For the time being, here's a fill in for FOX.

Spoiler for FOX, rough draft:
Anoter Asuka? How many do we have now?

Quote:
I won't be able to sleep until I fire this one off.

While thinking about aspects of Crash's dogfight, I know he's at one point, going to come into melee combat on the ground with Fate. In which, I have him flashback to some lessons Fox has given him on close combat attributes, on the advantages of parrying, or force redirection.

Thinking about it, I can't recall a single Nanoha fight where the melee combat actually shows any counter moves, parries, force redirects, thowing, or using opponent's momentum against them.

Fate is supposed to be very good Melee fighter, but just how good do we want to put her in pure martial skill when we never see a good example of a force redirection move? There's a huge number of massive openings to be made when an opponent commits to a high force move. Such as Vita's overhead with a hammer blow... Shove it off to the side as it comes down and lay a knee (Or blade, or spell) into her stomach.
All blows I can recall are direct blocks, or full dodges. Both are physically intensive, and often wasteful.

Comments?
You're worries about how well the fights are animated? How abot we start worrying about the weapons, I mean, Fate is using a freaking scythe as her main weapon.

It's not the CC's fault though, its Seven Arcs. We can safely assume that the CC's are, in fact, more talented in the art of combat then what the anime has displayed so far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
On the topic of Signum/Touka... we need something to make Signum snap.

Vita: You're practically the only one here who's still a virgin.

Snapped Signum for teh lulz!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron008R View Post
Anyway, more about me...

I'm having a hard time with the current fights I'm writing; which are the Aurion vs. Hayate mock battle and the Grandis vs. Signum real battle...

The main problem in the first one is I'm getting in a bit of a tight spot with regards to Hayate's performance... She's, quite frankly, holding out quite well, if not almost constantly on the defensive. In a quick rundown without spoilering, here's her performance stats as of GenerationS...

Spoiler for GenerationS Hayate:

It's hard. It's VERY hard. But she has all the potential in the world to properly cover up her weaknesses and eventually even go as far as holding herself against her fellow Aces. Anybody who wants to say it's impossible? Speak up now. They won't make the SSS-rank if there were absolutely nobody who reached such a level. (Not perfect, alright?) And I believe Hayate can, eventually. She doesn't deserve to be a shafted one-trick pony and I won't let her be! I'm going to show her potential here, and I need all the advice I can get to make it happen without much skepticism from others.

And once more, this managed to accomplish the feat of making me even more pissed off at 7arcs than I ever thought possible. -_-

Any thoughts? Should I lower or raise some stats? Any ideas for how much her performance could improve upon Unison?
No problem on my part.

On the subject of Hayate in melee, I think she was mostly joking when she said she couldn't even beat Caro in hand-to-hand:

Spoiler for IS: Silver Retriever:

Look at her facial expresion, not to mention Teana and Rein, who are not taking her seriously in any way whatsoever.

Last edited by Keroko; 2008-02-18 at 07:39.