View Single Post
Old 2009-03-01, 14:19   Link #56
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegard Aune View Post
The 100 episode-count might not be confirmed, but they have said that they'll cut out the fillers. And seeing how you say that you can't believe that 2/3 of the show was filler... More or less every single episode had tons and tons of filler-scenes, be it "dramatic staring", added fighting or otherwise completely irrelevant added stuff. Two thirds seem just about right to me, though I admit I haven't actually seen ALL of the series. But when you consider the pacing of the manga, (each chapter would take like, a minute to finish most of the time) 100 episodes seem like a pretty good guess. I mean, look at the infamous "five minutes" on Namek, which, if you remove the fillers, might actually BE five minutes long... Ok, more like fifteen, but still, it should be possible to press it all into a single episode if you remove all the unnecessary filler.
Trust me. I have seen the entirety of the Z series numerous times so I am quite well aware of what is filler and what isn't. People really over exaggerate how much filler, stare downs, and additional fighting scenes, this series had. There was a lot, but not as much as people make it out to be. And you say that each manga chapter would take a minute to finish most of the time? Are you even listening to yourself? You're basically saying that they could cram in 20 chapters into one episode. There is no way that is happening and it is simply not possible. As for the 5 minutes on Planet Namek, I assure you it will take more than one episode to depict that segment of the fight exactly like the manga.