Thread: Licensed Strike Witches 2
View Single Post
Old 2010-10-28, 11:04   Link #975
ElizLestrad

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanyaChan View Post
hmm i do hope its 501st with maybe more screentime of the 502nd & 504th since i think those who are quite new ( as in those who just watch the anime and knows only that what was shown )will be able to enjoy as well ;D but i wonder if is this like the movie vers of season 1 or a whole new plot ;D
Have to agree there, though from a technical standpoint if they did have more than one squad involved in the movie the second squad would have to be relegated to simple cameo or otherwise minor appearances. I think when you start adding in too many main characters everyone ends up suffering because you simply dont have enough time to properly develop the characters and their relationships with eachother. Yeah Strike Witches had 11 characters, but they were able to develop those characters over two entire seasons. Doing that in a one and a half to two and a half hour movie when you've got 33 some characters would be nigh impossible when your trying to do it for people who may or may not have seen the series or read the books.

I'm guessing they're going to have the main squad and if others were to be featured in the movie they would most likely only have minor roles outside of battle scenes.

Just the thought of having history's three greatest aces Hartmann, Barkhorn, and Rall together makes me drool. Probably not going to happen though so I'm not going to get my hopes up.
ElizLestrad is offline   Reply With Quote