View Single Post
Old 2012-06-16, 20:40   Link #64
Flawfinder
Loves the Experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
"Butchered" is probably too strong a term, yeah.

But I think that ufotable can be rightly faulted a bit here. Again, because of the loli-Rin episode. You only mess around with that sort of stuff when you have time for it and all of the important plot/subplots, imo (and King Arthur vs. Sir Lancelot seems pretty darn important to me).

All the same, Fate/Zero is still the best anime show of 2012 so far, imo.
Ironically, while I complained about it initially, the loli-Rin episode was one of my favorites in the series because I thought Rin was a more compelling character than most of the others.

As for how I'd rank Fate/Zero, it's struggling to be in my top 10 of 2012. Ignoring my problems with the characters and dialogue, (after all, Madoka Magica was my favorite of 2011) for something with high production values, the animation is surprisingly bad in this show. It stopped being bad around Episode 21, but even this episode had long distance/static shots that lasted more than twenty seconds (although thankfully, there wasn't a lot of them).

Quote:
They did that and that was part of why the direction was considered terrible. :P
I meant the animation direction. For all the crap I give to this anime's terrible animation direction (standouts being Episodes 1, 4, and 20), the first series was worse. Future Diary at its best had better direction than that show, and that anime came from asread.

My Awesome Anime Blog: Standing On My Neck
Flawfinder is offline   Reply With Quote