Thread: Licensed Mirai Nikki (Series)
View Single Post
Old 2012-04-25, 14:59   Link #2019
KoiYuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzumiya Haruhi View Post
TAnd I sure hope he doesn't pull that crap again in Big Order.
I gotta agree with you there. Even that other manga he did before Mirai Nikki had a better ending.. I should say it at least made sense and worked in context, not just something thrown in.

Quote:
That's the problem I have with it. If they didn't care if that world collapsed or not, then no one needed to die or win the game and they all could have just stayed in the peaceful Third World.
That's actually something I kinda brought up before, about why Yuno couldn't just take Yukki2 to world 3 and let their alternate selves do whatever. Sure, Deus would notice, but honestly, what would he do? He might even have decided that they could be gods of world 3 for whatever reason. Yuno really had no reason to kill Yukki2 or Yuno3 since Yukki2 was alive still, and they didn't need to play the game anymore..

Quote:
That creates a lot of holes though. If implanting memories of a previous god into a person is enough to warrant making them the new god, why didn't Deus just "create' a new body for himself and tell Murumuru to implant his memories into it? If memories are all that's needed to keep someone alive, that would have solved Deus's death situation. It seemed like the soul really did matter in the story.

Of course, I'm just mainly bothered by how much of cheap resurrection it is and how it seemed like Yuki had his last few pages of happiness served onto a silver platter, while his friends who tried their best to help him ended up being killed by him. And after he had a chance to redeem himself by stopping the world-hopping and saving the Second World where they all used to live in... he just puts it to no good use and abandons it, putting Yuno's suicide in vain.
That's actually a really good point.. and frankly, he probably could have done that, but then there'd be no story.. so I guess that's kind of a plot hole, possibly. then again, maybe memories can only be transferred to the same body as the original, and there was no alternate Deus body for him to use, and.. I was going to say maybe they couldn't copy bodies, but Yuno did that in world1, so that whole thing I just went on about makes no sense either.

Maybe bodies can only be copied at the same age they were at?

I find it weird that the world was still there when Yukki won, stopped getting eaten away, yet disappeared later on anyway. Wouldn't that first part show that only a god's presence was needed for the world to exist? Why did it go away then?

Quote:
I do know that Minene really is using the Third World Nishijima as a replacement goldfish though. lol
Totally.. I suppose she's almost doing the same thing as Yukki, but Nishijima3 doesn't have the same memories as Nishijima2.. though only to an extent. He mostly has the same ones, so he's almost the same, unlike Yuno3.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anime-fan10 View Post
Thanks for the heads up, I'll go back and check it out. They should've just used normal volume or slightly lower volume.
I agree, it should've been louder.. I honestly couldn't hear it without knowing it was there.
KoiYuki is offline   Reply With Quote