View Single Post
Old 2006-01-07, 04:42   Link #272
Eidolon Sniper
Tsubasa No Kami
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Eidolon Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demongod86
To say that Kira has the godsuit while Shinn does not have a god suit is ridiculous.
I didn't say Destiny wasn't a GOD suit in any sense. Geez, in Kira's skills per se, he could probably make that thing get sliced with just his Jedi powers or what have you. It's just that he refuses to use them in contradiction to his ideals...

Quote:
Also, Kira and Athrun are of a better skill than Shinn is. It comes from experience. 2 wars>1 war.
No, this isn't a Kira + Athrun >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Shinn thread.

This isn't even about piloting ability.

It's about why GSD failed.

And..maybe...the piloting issue could be one of the reasons why it failed...? >.>

Quote:
One major thing I don't know if anyone has brought up again is the fact that Shinn has time to re-assemble his Impulse with an endless supply of packs after Kira destroys some. What, is Kira just picking is ass waiting for Shinn to get ready again?
Yes, that's a question that keeps bugging me...how many Silhouette packs does the Minerva keep in its hangar?

Maybe it's because they are going on this stupidly long trip to nowhere so the need for a Silhouette barrage...it's just about as mysterious as to how the Archangel actually gets refueled (but is not mysterious anymore apparently Terminal is all over the world and have sympathizers in just about every continent on the planet earth)...

About the transformation thing...

Shinn was protected by the Sailormoon plot device so that his transformation isn't interrupted even if it was something Kira had seen for the last 23465402605 times already...

@ Demongod86

Money is everything for a 25 year old franchise, and the trick to getting the old fans to enjoy a Gundam show is to make them a Gundam show. Unfortunately, due to something evil that has happened, it was a show that some old fans hated because of how the story went. I mean, the new fans didn't mind it that much because some of them weren't introduced to the other Gundam shows before it, but technically speaking, Gundam was in many ways a classic and how Bandai and Fukuda treated it was just so... Never mind the story, as long as we could sell tons of these model kits? Never mind the story, as long as the old cast fans are pleased? Never mind the story, as long as we get the money to pay for all these artists singing all these songs and so cut back on quality and make us hit the Photoshop CS stations again and again? Never mind the story, as long as nobody fries them in hell for making tons of loop holes where in the most dangerous situations could spell of all the Gundam fandom? It seems that it has come to this, and it is very sad.

It could be in some ways a Gundam show, and in some ways, not a Gundam show. To be able to make something Gundam but not entirely Gundam, a new story that reflects everything that is Gundam, but not a blatant copy of some original ideas before it, please, and of course, a storyline that may be riddled with lots of questions but these questions must lead somewhere, not nowhere, and that it should add up to the main story at hand, without getting too confusing.

This scenario makes me think of love of money as the root of all evil...in an even clearer sense...

But why sacrifice everything for the love of getting fans to like you? What about the other fans that could be alienated? Of course, you can't please everybody, but why does it have to be so screwed up like this wherein every thread concerning the main characters of GSD turns into a hate/flame thread? The fact that Fukuda succeeded in separating the Kira fans from the Shinn fans or the old cast fans from the new cast fans is SO evident, that make one evil remark about something, they will gang up on you like wolves ganging up on a poor rabbit caught in a snare. If ever, GSD was very successful in doing just that.

Fukuda was inept in the sense that his wife was also doing the scripts and the story. A lot of disagreements among the writers or whatever happened (if those magazine interviews were to be believed) because of everything that has happened. Fukuda failed to see through the entire process, which, as a director, is something that he should do, not just leave the story writing to the writers because in the end, he's the one responsible in bringing all these ideas together. Make up a great story, but if it's not that good enough to be put on the storyboard to be debated a zillion times over, then it's as good as shot. Remember that it's not only Morosawa making the scripts; she's just the one who gives the green light for ideas, stories, apart from her own ideas, stories. But since much of their preferences lean towards certain characters and Fukuda failed to look at this project as something that's not only for BANDAI... Lots of good stories may be shafted in the entire storyboard process because of that, many really good ideas, but because of the ineptitude of the director, we get something evil as GSD.

@ lil shinta

Not narrow minded fans. More like, GSD has become a battle between fans, and the other Gundam shows before it didn't suffer this much because even if they took place in different timelines, they all followed one story wherein their main characters weren't nerfed because of uber fanbase. GSD was a Gundam show where the fanbase is even mightier than the director. It doesn't make any real sense.

In fact, GSD was the return to the main Gundam theme of "title series Gundam" unlike its predecessor before it. But it was screwed, several times over, to the many reasons that were presented in this thread. So, it was no way not an un-Gundam show but in some ways an un-Gundam show. Do you get what I mean?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cajunman380
i have an interesting question to pose to you that someone from another forum kept using as an "excuse". dio you think a characters "bankability has anything to do with their importance to the show" or rather would you believe the excuse that kira and athrun got more screentime because they were more "bankable". i find this logic to be utter bs but i like to hear your thoughts on the matter. "should character bankability" be taken seriously as a major factor?
In GSD's and Fukuda's case, it does.

Ethereal Exiled Queen. NATCH~~~!!!
Eidolon Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote