View Single Post
Old 2012-12-18, 15:48   Link #263
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by KholdStare View Post
But I digress. It's exactly what Vexx said, the people who artificially pump up their rep are in the very small minority that most users wouldn't notice, and even the mods agree to this.
No, this is definitely not the case. I disagree entirely.

As for this, and the like:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFluff View Post
because the moderators hate freedom me telling people that their favorite anime sucks [...] (I got infracted for this and the post has been edited by relentlessflame, fuck the police)
Normally I don't like to deal with these sorts of things in public, but might as well at this point once and for all.

Nobody has the freedom to post a personal attack on this forum.

And, further, it is the responsibility of the staff to determine what constitutes a personal attack.

By continuing to post on this site, you accept and acknowledge that it is entirely at the staff's discretion to edit or remove your posts if you engage in behaviour that is considered inappropriate. As it states in the Rules:

Quote:
Insults, harassment, flaming, trolling, baiting or other similar abusive behaviour towards other members of The Forum will not be tolerated. This includes the use of "retort images". Images used to convey a "come back" message (i.e. to "retort") are forbidden in all areas of The Forum, they are often offensive and only serve to ignite flame wars.
So, no, you can't tell people they suck for their taste in anime (or for any other subjective reason or opinion). And if being able to do this is so very important to you, then you can go away. There are plenty of other places on the Internet where you can be an asshole with impunity. This is not such a place.

Anyway, let me "hate freedom" some more and ask that people not make this into a "going into my post history and pointing out all my posts that got neg rep" (or should have gotten infractions) thread. It's off-topic and distracting from the issue at hand. I'm not sure what benefit it was to point out things infraction-worthy that were "missed" in the past. Do you really want me to issue the infractions you were due now?