View Single Post
Old 2009-10-09, 23:15   Link #1150
Dark Mage

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLGChaos View Post

It's just my opinion, but Medaka doesn't work as a main heroine for me. A God Mode Sue in a shounen manga, without a strong male lead to back her up, isn't something that really works. Even other mangas that have really strong female leads in them (such as Sekirei, Kurohime, Change 123, GS Mikami, Zero In, etc) always make sure they have a male lead that, while maybe not equal to the women in power, are always equal in terms of importance to the story. In Medaka Box, there is no one like that. Medaka pretty much eats up the whole manga herself and I think many people are growing bored of her. Heck, Kosukegawa from Change 123, despite being one of the weakest characters physically out of all the mangas I've read, did more in the first chapter of Change 123 than Zen has done all manga.

[/spoiler]
Nicely put KLGChaos and that's exactly what has put me off this manga.And I HAVE finally dropped it and just follow the conversations here as each chapter comes out. Hopefully if it gets better, I will start rereading it again.