View Single Post
Old 2017-01-30, 02:51   Link #69
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by HirouKeimou View Post
Only problem with your list (credit for your time though) is I said specifically that I'm not talking about any movies or OVA for the series. (Side note: Destiny is a sequel to SEED so it does not count as an individual series within the franchise because sequels and prequels all count as one series in the end, it's all one story.)

And your list kind of proves my original point: Macross has been on the ball of delivering quality TV series for a little while. After all, SDF-1 received genuine praise even though its ending is not as good and Do You Remember Love? following it up only added to its initial reception. Then, of course, 7, which aside from mixed reviews on its plot, people genuinely liked Fire Bomber and its music (even if I disagree) and enjoyed it. Finally, Frontier; and who can deny of all the series Macross has pumped out that Frontier has been of the highest regard period for Macross?

Of the 4 TV series Macross has pumped out, it's all received praise.

And again, in comparison for Gundam which has run for twice as many TV series as Macross, it's a huge win for Macross that only one of their TV series is a blip.
TV Percentage-wise, I agree. Though in the OVA department, Gundam spawn more great series than Macross. And I disagree with your statement saying that not even half of Gundam animated outings are good and most of them are horrible. As I've proven with my post above, even if you combine SEED+Destiny as one series (which makes it in Yellow area), Wing+Endless Waltz (Green area), 00 S1+S2+Trailblazer (Green area) & GBF/T (Green area). If we calculate them all, we still get a (very) good majority with a bunch of them being the irreplaceable masterpieces and pioneers in the genre that's worth a ton.