View Single Post
Old 2006-01-13, 01:33   Link #94
Thelastguardian

As the Yank said, "What the heck..." XDDDDD

Sorry, couldn't resist.

I also read the manga, but I won't try to be the 154th person comparing the faithfulness of the anime to manga.

Here are some of my 'observations"

1. I am sorry, but someone got to do it. The space ship, in anime and manga alike, looks like a giant flying penis. At least that's what I thought when I saw the ship in manga.

2. Somehow the headquarter of Nasa looks more impressive than its real world counterpart...and I didn't know that the main building is that high...while the control room is about 4 times as small as the real one, and is nowhere near Florida (and a lot darker too).
Also wouldn't the "OMG the aliens are attacking us" decision make by, I don't know, the Commanding General of NATO or NORAD or US 7th Pacific Naval Fleet or something, and not some civilian type program manager?

It is an unidentified flying object! It's obviously manmade! (?!!)
With 3 minutes and 36 seconds, it will crash into the ground!
Recheck it! We are not allowed to make any mistake this time!! (WTF! Let me guess, the first mistake happened in 1947.)
What the heck...

Man I could just throw in a couple of "All your base are belong to us" jokes in there XDDD

4. Team-something fansub didn't translate this part quite right, but what the heck (oops).
The alien disclosed themselve to the earthlings because of something that calls Intergalatic Species Protection Act- if a race has injuried another race by accident, the former race must disclose themselve to the lesser race, apologize publicly, and undo any damage caused by their action. Also earthling is supposed to be a Level 5 Evolution civilization or something...

Someone has been watching Star Trek, I see.

5. I wonder if the alien just take the guy's DNA, take out the Y chromosome and replace it with the X chromosome...
Accident, my ass .