View Single Post
Old 2009-05-27, 17:18   Link #205
onemadcow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
Has it been established whether the girls play their own instruments on any of these singles or insert songs? I can't find the names of the players in the anime credits or in what I've seen of the jackets. "Mio" is supposed to have written the lyrics, but I don't know what that means. Did Hikasa Youko write them?
While I can't find anything definitive to prove it, I seriously doubt that any of the girls actually played instruments on the K-on singles. Finding 4 seiyuu that can sing decently together is hard enough, thinking that they can play instruments is asking too much.

Thinking more on that, I can only remember a few seiyuu that I've ever seen playing instruments at all. Chihara Minori is one, I believe that Hirano Aya is working on guitar, and Iwao Junko was an accomplished singer/pianist/songwriter. Can anyone think of any others?

As for writing lyrics, there is one lyracist cited for all of the other songs that the the Sakurako Keionbu have done: 大森祥子 (sorry, no romanji name, no wiki page either...). The first couple of lines of 'Fuwa x2' were pulled from the manga, and since the rest seem to fit together pretty well, I'm assuming that either Kakifly wrote them and preferred to use 'Mio' as a pen name, or that the staff lyricist completed the job.

Just as interesting, the music composers don't have much of a history either, making me wonder if KyoAni's real skill is in finding new talent. The music for all but 'Cagayake!' is 前澤寛之, and a brief search turned up music credits for AKB48, Melon Kinenbi and Hirano Aya. 'Cagayake!' was written by Tom-H@ck, and though I coudn't find any other credits, he did have an interesting website...
onemadcow is offline   Reply With Quote