View Single Post
Old 2004-04-25, 03:10   Link #29
JubeiYamazaki

Send a message via AIM to JubeiYamazaki
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingRanger
You have really no place to say why it is popular outside your opinion that you THINK it is because it is an FF game. I know hundreds of people that are playing it because it is fun and none have ever played an FF before. In the future think about these things before you make a blanket statement about something when it is just your own personal opinion on the matter.
"The only reason why this game is popular is just because of its Final Fantasy title, imo compared to PC MMORPGs..."

Just so you know, imo = In my opinion. Not "as fact". Also, FF is the biggest RPG company in the US, and possibly in Japan, of course FF is going to get everyones attention, and get people to play, I mean they've made 10 other previous "great" games, the 11th one should just be as good, so yes, its fanbase/popularity are of people whom have played/love the Final Fantasy game series, and if they love this one, great, but their opinion isn't mine, when it comes to the PC counter-part.

Quote:
It costs 12.99 a month and don't complain about that. If you don't have the money then anything can be considered to cost alot. And if you don't want to make another character so what? When you get to certain levels you can get sub classes and you can change your main class at random. You can also explore the world. The only reason you would want to pay the extra buck is ifyou want to play on more than one server. Please check your facts on these things.
Yes, true you can always switch and mix classes around, but after awhile being an Elvaan (sp?) gets boring someone might want to go Hume, or someother species, should they be forced to pay that extra dollar for a different experience to a game their already paying for? Most PC MMORPGs are roughly 12-15 dollars a month, but you're given anywhere from 3-6 slots for alternative characters, FFXI was based off the same principles as SWG in which you can always mix around your professions, but after awhile that + "lack of content" burned out people quickly, in fact SWG is adding more slots per server in the next few publishes, all I'm saying its just not justified saying a game is 11-12 bucks then putting a price tag per character slot, but as everything I've said, just my opinion.

Quote:
You have really no clue about your next point. The PC version was out first and it has alot of custimization. All you have to do is run the FFXI config tool. You would have known this if you had bothered checking into things instead of blindly making assumptions.
Yes, PlayOnline had tons of customization, and you mean the config tool you have to access from outside the game, to mess with the graphics/sounds? Yes, it has that, but one it comes to hotkeying certain buttons, if its not combat, you're stuck with its setup, which destroys the flexability PC MMORPGs are so known for, why? To keep both the PC and PS2 verison equal.

Quote:
You contridict yourself next. You want to expierence more aspects of the game yet you say all the ways you can do this are "on the surface" it is painfully clear you have no clue about this game or what it is really about or just how deep it goes.
How is that contricting myself? Choosing a different race/class or what not will ALWAYS be different from the pervious. But once it comes down to it, the combat and spell systems don't have the same depth as most PC MMORPGs. FFXI did have the cool SP combo system, but that's it. Like I said, imo (In my opinion) as a PC MMORPG, if you want depth (tons of spell, more customizablity etc etc, different combat etc. etc.) You can do better, but as a PS2 MMORPG its bomb.

Quote:
Not even going to bother with your next point as it is clear you really don't like this game and are making up false reasons why. It is an MMORPG weather you say it is or not. The over 1million people in the US and Japan playing agree with me.
Huh? Yeah.. it always was.. an MMORPG... and if you notice... my last sentece... I said... it was... worth it... just... not... as a PC game. And I hope those million people enjoy it.

Quote:
Bottom line this is your opinion so don't state it as a fact and the final on the matter.
And you're right, now if you can just direct me in where I stated my opinion was law I'll clearly change it...
JubeiYamazaki is offline   Reply With Quote