View Single Post
Old 2012-10-01, 23:21   Link #463
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

My ideal anti-zombie melee weapon against the Walking Dead type of zombie is the double-sided iron mace staff.
long staff with rectangular steel mace on each end.

Makes it a lot easier to consecutively crush zombie skulls quickly and efficiently.
And no need to worry about dull blades!

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
Truthfully, I have little interest in the zombies themselves during a zombie apocalypse (they are not real characters, or at least they show little actual development). Rather, I am more interested in how people survive and what their life is like during a zombie apocalypse (and let's face it, running and hiding from zombies is the only way to survive a zombie apocalypse).
They don't have to show zombies non-stop, but zombies must be the primary threat the protagonist must face against, not stupid social drama of "I don't like you so I'll kill you" stupidity. Can you imagine how terrible Highschool of the Dead anime would have been if 90%+ of the screen time was Rei bitching about everything? Because you know, that's exactly what this show had turned into. LOL.

Melodrama social conflicts has it place, but it should take a backseat to actually facing the survival issue, not be the prominent force of the plot.
Whoever wrote the first half of the 2nd season was a complete idiot who didn't have a CLUE on priority.