View Single Post
Old 2004-02-28, 02:41   Link #86
Somedude

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa
I admit that any other correspondence is rare, but not non-existent. With that said and out of the way, I will say that I believe that they get just as many interesting comments and complements on their forums and irc as before the advent of BitTorrent even though the number of people in their channel is less. Okay... perhaps it is a bit less in their channel since fewer people even know how to use IRC these days. All of the extra comentary they might have gotten in their channel has become part of the conversation in the AnimeSuki Forum instead. I'm divided in my belief if that is a good thing.
I believe that constructive comments can't be extolled by force, and that any attempt to do so will just cause people to resent you. The best way to foster constructive criticism and discussion is to keep a friendly channel and be open with the people in your channel. Try to answer their questions and don't freak out and ban them when they say they don't like your work or something(Exceptions of course can be made. ). Just basically try not to come off like a tyrant or megalomanic or something.

If you're even-handed and friendly, chances are, you'll get people who will enjoy joining your channel for a conversation. The key is fostering a sense of community and some mutual respect.

Of course you may chose to disregard my beliefs since we only have 18 or so people in our channel right now. (Sadly, not everyone noticed that mircx went down yet. )
Somedude is offline   Reply With Quote