View Single Post
Old 2010-04-10, 10:34   Link #841
Hypernova

Location: Virgo Supercluster, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Sol, Earth, Taiwan
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWing View Post
The thing is it isn't exactly very hard to rebel. There are no restrictions put on your freedom or any oppression of some sort. There are no punishments or anyone being made an example of.

You just have to not do what you're told.

I don't think that is something that people usually have any problem doing.

Also, although I admit I am reaching somewhat, what are the limits to their creation process? I said a nuke because theoretically the process behind a nuclear reaction is not all that complicated. A Scientist can tell you exactly how a carbon nanotube works/look like, could he build a cable made of them?
If they can make any raw material out of dirt a nuke is child's play.

Without regard to yield efficiency:

-synth 5Kg of plutonium, make two blocks of it,
-stick them into both end of a thick tube
-add some C4 to one end of the tube and seal the other end
-Seal the other end plus det cord
-Now when you detonate it the two blocks get smashed together, some of it will reach crit mass and then BOOM.
-Only a very, VERY small part will actually react, but remember, the Hiroshima one used 64KG of uranium and only about 0.6g of it actually reacted. But look what that did.

This is a very basic but easy design, the nuke developed by South Africa during the 80's used the same principle.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun-type_fission_weapon

IMO they are just limited by real world physics, the cannon didn't work because it was poorly designed. You can see that the barrel is waaaay too thin and indeed the thing exploded from overpressure the moment they tried to use it.

Last edited by Hypernova; 2010-04-10 at 10:49.
Hypernova is offline   Reply With Quote