View Single Post
Old 2011-02-06, 09:27   Link #1554
Goggen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otaku Guy View Post
So its like hey, Yui wrote lyrics for 2 songs. The 1st song being rejected at first along with everyone elses. But after writing the 2nd song it was praised by the entire Light Music Club and seeing how they were all dissatisfied with everyones first set of lyrics we have to assume that the song is "U&I", seeing as how they didnt pick a set of lyrics they liked for the song until Yui wrote the lyrics for "U&I".
That's a good theory. Here's mine: In ep 17 when they were all writing lyrics, Mugi's went like this:

The piercing cold wind is blowing
Yoshie cornered the criminal against a cliff
Kenichi-san, you are... You are... You are the culprit!

Then in ep 25 as they are discussing the promo video they are going to make, Mugi suggests the make it a murder thriller drama, "like the lyrics for Gohan wa Okazu". (Ritsu: "We can't have the culprit standing on a cliff!") Obviously, the lyrics for Gohan wa Okazu are nothing like that, but it does match (and is obviously a reference to) the lyrics Mugi wrote in 17. This suggests, IMO, that when Mugi says "Gohan wa Okazu" she is actually talking about her suggested lyrics for the song that would eventually become Gohan wa Okazu.

Also, Gohan wa Okazu is (at least somewhat) stylistically similar to Honey Sweet Tea Time, so it would make sense that Mugi composed both of them (and in fact, those two songs share the same composer in reality. That could have been done intentionally to keep Mugi's style consistent, then again maybe not). Just throwing that out there....
Goggen is offline   Reply With Quote