View Single Post
Old 2011-11-16, 20:51   Link #582
ion475
にこにこにー

All in all, just a weird ranking...

Top 3 is expected, then #4, #7, and #9 = ??? (I've heard of Ame no Hi no Iris). Then, SeiZon somehow fall all the way to #32, surprised that Sakura-sou (#16 last year) didn't even make Top 60 (Okay, I do have personal bias on that, but still...making Top 60 is not THAT hard, right?)

Of course, from various Japanese sites, Circlet Girl only get up to #4 b/c something like 163 out of 170 points it got is from collaborators (i.e. Author, Critics, etc.)...

As far as Female Character Ranking (It's the most important ranking in the Ko no LN ga Sugoi anyway...), oh well, yet another year of Biribiri. SAO can't quite pull the Index-like sweep last year (#1 in Novel, Male, Female, and Illustrator) and finish #2. Of course, Kuroneko > Kirino and Meat > Yozora = WIN WIN (Surprise that all 4 actually make Top 10 in such a cutthroat competition, though...). Oh, and after the mirage of #3 last year, a certain main heroine falls back to nowhere again.

At the end - I've heard of most of the novels in Top 20 (Not that I read all of them...), but something IS off, just too many no name novels for a ranking based on popularity...(Good thing is that they get more exposure, bad thing is that no namer ARE no namer sometimes for a reason...)

Quote:
Funny, given Haruhi's God-like sales I would had figure her return to be more of a threat, but the title barely made an impression. Their positions were in the lower end of the top ten while SAO had become a really big player for this year.
My personal belief is that, after such a long layoff, as many copies it sales, it just lost some edge. On the other hand, #8 is not really THAT bad if you consider the amount of LNs out there...(Okay, it was #2 during its peak, but Haruhi series is just not at its peak anymore...)

P.S. #57 is Kinsei Tokkyu by Ureshino Kimi

Last edited by ion475; 2011-11-16 at 21:04.
ion475 is offline   Reply With Quote