View Single Post
Old 2012-10-30, 16:55   Link #31042
Kealym

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjblue1 View Post
Well, this isn't really reliable as proof there's no other info about Kanon's existence as the goats also say that Shannon is an illusion and we know there should be written records about her existence as she went to school.
Interesting enough all we get as comeback is that George says he won't let someone bully his friends.

Is even less of a proof than saying that Kanon was seen by Jessica's friends.

So it's either:
- those goats didn't check if there was proof of Kanon & Shannon's existence
- George & Jessica countered with the first thing that came to their mind
I would disagree. The goats said Kanon was an illusion, made up by Jessica out of loneliness, and she replied that "my friends saw him!"

The goats said Shannon was an illusion, that George was an anti-social shut-in, and that their love was not genuine. Of these points, George only addressed the one about him personally, saying something like "I was anti-social, but I DID have confrontations to help people who were friendly to me", something like that. Quibbles, yes, but to me it seemed again like Ryu just dodging having to answer for something.

For example, goats attack Shannon on the idea that she only approached George for his money (having apparently dropped the accusation that she just didn't exist AT ALL), and her response is "I wrote letters". He attacked again with "You can lie in a letter", and her response to beat him was essentially "Dude, stop being a jerk."

The entire Golden Land battle is like that ... it's like, this weird point in the narrative where yeah, I'm enjoying the epic music and cool fight scene, but it's kind of jarring to see the humans talking entirely out of their Meta-asses to defend themselves. I was SOOOOOO anxious to see if Ghoda would have a moment to shine in there. Alas, I dreamed too big.

To go further, c'mon, not all of the fighting stayed in the abstract. Almost all of the confrontations Erika gets in are just "cool fighting", so, let's not forget Ryu's love of shonen-style funsies. "At least I remember to tie my shoes!", c'mon guys.
Kealym is offline   Reply With Quote