View Single Post
Old 2011-11-06, 14:56   Link #97
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by USCPharmacist View Post
Oh god it's true, everyone on the planet is having ADD, you just can't have a good episode if no explosion or body parts flying around do you? Do you guys want Naruto that much? that every episode has to be fightan + Jitsus + cliffhanger? How about spending some times get to know your characters? This episode shows a lot of characterizations and I love every moment of it, even the so call boring dialog. The only think I can complain about it's the graphics, but I was wondering when the drop is gonna occur anyway cuz I just don't think ufotable can keep pumping movie quality episode in a 26 episode TV show.
I don't hate dialogue at all personally. Some of my favorite shows and movies of all time have been overwhelmingly dialogue driven (LOGH, Lawrence of Arabia, Patlabor 2, FLAG, the list goes on and on really) I just don't care for dry as the Sahara desert leads who don't have all that much interesting to say other than, "I don't feel joy".

What this cast needs is a lead with some charisma and personality to add weight to the dialogue and draw attention to what's being said and to flesh that dialogue out a bit. So far only Saber and Irisviel qualify to me. Like imagine a Shakespearean play where the lead actor is as wooden as a board with his delivery and seemingly not into at all and the quality of the dialogue matches said delivery in terms of dullness and you'll kind of have an idea of how I view Kiritsgu and Kotomine right now.

I'm also starting to think maybe George Nakata isn't the best voice casting for Kotomine either. I mean I love the guy like nobodies business, but he can be pretty mono-syllabic in his delivery at times and I don't think he's the kind of guy that can carry a main character with lots of dialogue, but we'll see if things get more interesting with him going forward.

TL;DR: Rider has been out of the show for one episode and I miss him desperately already. Not a good sign.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote