View Single Post
Old 2011-02-03, 20:24   Link #282
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaijo View Post
Since it's going into speculation territory, moving it here.
Good idea.

Quote:
She might not be able to, but it just means if you're correct, then wishing someone back from the dead is possible.
We can't really gauge anything here. Just pointing out that about the "saving MGs" issue she says that SHE can't do anything, while concerning resurrecting people she's rather going for a "general" form. In the Nutbladder sub (my lousy JP skills can't comment on that)

Quote:
Still waiting for Madoka to think about this. At the least, unless Homura tells her outright (and here she just seemed to nudge or misdirect Madoka in that direction), then Homura knows that Madoka should eventually think that she could revive Mami.
s/should/could. So this can be either a "Madoka director wants to drop this piece of info for the fans" meta-information, or it can be an explicit hint (if true) or misdirection (if untrue) for Madoka.

Quote:
Your last question requires a bit of an assumption. But I could postulate that Homura is a broken and traumatized individual that doesn't want anyone to become MG's.
One man's traumatized/broken individual is another man's sober/rational grown-up in a pile of fools. I share Homura's pessimistic view on what becoming a MG means, and I strongly respect her for refusing to feed Madoka soothing and comforting lies. Still - I think we're agreed that Homura is particular about Madoka. Why? Seriously, credible explanations welcome.

Quote:
Or perhaps Madoka becoming an MG was bad for a different reason, say, Homura was led to believe that Madoka becoming an MG would lead to bad things happening in the world.
That is definitely a possible explanation for several things. But if so, why did Homura react so strongly to personal statements from Madoka (ep1, ep4)? Why would she care about that if it's just about avoiding a disaster? Why would she try to comfort her?

Quote:
Or ending the system, and Homura is so invested in it, she doesn't want it ended.
You seriously get the feeling that Homura is trying to PROTECT the system? I'd have thought that stopping new MGs from spawning rather symbolizes sabotaging it.

No, if anything, I'd say that Homura is jaded about the system, and hates it to her core.

Quote:
Not sure, it all depends on whether this is an idealistic universe or a cynical one. Even in an idealistic universe, there can be death and some struggle before the ideal wins. Since Sayaka isn't the main character, she's not as plot-protected, but it would be quite the scam if Madoka saved the day by being idealistic, and yet they killed Sayaka for being idealistic earlier. So if it's cynical, then Sayaka would die. If it's idealistic, Sayaka may be hurt, but she'll eventually do the sidekick thing and buy time for Madoka to do her thing.
I'd say that the current MG universe is 100% cynical. The idealists are getting KILLED. And if my long-range prediction is right, it's going to fall to Madoka to change that.

Quote:
I don't see a fall yet, and I don't see her wanting a boyfriend yet. All we've got is possibly some blushes.
Eh? Rewatch ep4. Nutbladder 1:30: "(wishing for his health) - Would he just thank me? Or... something more? I'm horrible."

That isn't sufficient for you? I'd say it's pretty obvious what "something more" would be.
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote