View Single Post
Old 2010-03-07, 05:02   Link #2128
Mecha_Trueno
餓鬼に興味ない、俺の好みは年上の美女だ

Location: Shitty old London. They must've been on drugs when they built this place, WTF were they smoking!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neat Hedgehog View Post
SAL registered costs a little more than normal SAL, but has a few advantages, and is still typically cheaper than EMS. Namely, it has insurance up to 6000 JPY, and allows you to track your package (if you're in the US). Has some size restrictions, though: (from AmiAmi's FAQ) Max. parcel weight: 2 kg - Our max. parcel size: L 372mm x L256mm x T210mm

I've ordered from AmiAmi and HLJ a few times. Between the two of them, AmiAmi is certainly cheaper (especially with their current shipping promotion), although the lack of accounts or automated payment system is a little unfortunate. I've never had problems with them, though. I like their packing better than HLJ, too.
Interesting... maybe I'll try out AmiAmi next time.
Gotta say, I do prefer HLJ's website layout more though. Its just so much easier to browse through.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mushi View Post
Yeah, it's a feature length documentary. I thought it was rather fascinating. It gives me a little more appreciation for my figures, seeing how much work and attention to delicate detail goes into these things.
Yeah me too.
Seeing how much work goes into our figures is rather amazing. But the problem now is that the more I appreciate them, the more I get the feeling that these sculpture artists are way underpaid.

I liked it at the beginning of the video, where everyone gathers with their ideas. I'd love to have that job, I'm sure there are loads of us who think "I wish there was a figure of *** character, wearing his/her *** outfit, doing this *** cool post" for their favourite characters

禁則事項です

Last edited by Mecha_Trueno; 2010-03-07 at 05:59.
Mecha_Trueno is offline   Reply With Quote