View Single Post
Old 2011-03-07, 15:47   Link #1098
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
I think Homura is just MG Madoka's friend from another time. From teaching her how to fight to how to protect others, Homura was Madoka's ally. However, Madoka met a tragic end, and Homura is in grief. She becomes a bit cynical and resigns only to protect Madoka in the past.
Think about this. In episode 7, when Madoka told Homura she would like to do something for Sayaka because Sayaka's her friend and saved her before, Homura said, don't mix gratitude with responsibility...

Considering that, if Homura was just a friend that wanted to save Madoka out of friendship and gratitude, she would be a fucking hypocrite for saying that to Madoka in episode 7. I don't think she's like that and I definitely don't think this line was just coincidence...

After 9 episodes I'm pretty convinced Homura isn't like that. Homura definitely loves Madoka, but she's trying to save her no just out of friendship but also because it's her responsibility somehow. So forcibly she has to be either Madoka herself, or someone from her family (like her mother or daughter), or a part of Madoka herself (like a familiar) but definitely not just a friend.

Just my two cents, but I'm calling it!!