View Single Post
Old 2012-10-24, 14:02   Link #381
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaat View Post
Assault + titan + extra conditioning + chrysalis armor thing = nearly 30 hp tank.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane View Post
It's like in MMORPGs, where when tanks focus purely on HP and earn the curses of their healers who sarcastically call them mana-sponges because they ignored the importance of armour ratings and avoidance effects.

Extra HP is good, but when you don't get hit in the first place, the extra HP means nothing.

Cheers.
Yep.

Just today, I got caught with my Assult out in the open next to a Cyberdisc. Now, if her was Wearing Titan he would likely still die from being Critted. But with the new Ghost armour I just told him to turn invisible.

If I ever replay my Impossible difficulty game, I would definitely get me some ghost armour. What is important is that the Ghost armour removed RNG factors; it can make you untargetable for one round, effectively perfect defence, or 100% crit, which is valuable for any character against highly armoured enemies. No chance of failure is always good.

And the 4 uses... That's more than enough. By the time I use it four times all the aliens are either dead, or all my team members are dead. Either way it is more than enough.