View Single Post
Old 2013-01-13, 23:25   Link #246
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
Not sure where to put this request, so I'll stick it in the general Nanoha thread here.

I've recently gotten into subtitling, and mostly teaching myself the ins and outs. Mostly, I wanted to add song subtitles to my fansubbed episodes, but then I began to branch out. Now, I'm adding colored lettering to subtitles, to better denote who is talking in Nanoha, ie, pink outlines for Nanoha, gold for Fate, etc. Currently working on StrikerS, as once I get the colors set there, I can use them for the prior two seasons.

What I am looking for, is perhaps some people willing to take a look at the colors, fonts, and what not that I've done, and see if it looks okay. Does something need to be a bit darker? Lighter? Different font? Different font size? Any other things I might change? Send me a PM or VM if interested.

Also, if you are quite familiar with .ass subtitle files in relation to .mkv files, and would be willing to answer a few questions via IMs, PMs, or VMs, let me know. While I have learned a lot on my own, it's been through trial and error. Having someone who can answer a question or two here and there, would be helpful. Thanks!

Oh, and when I'm done, if there are people interested in colored subtitle Nanoha files, I'll provide them. But mostly I'm just doing this to teach myself, and have a bit of fun.