Thread: Licensed Kara No Kyokai
View Single Post
Old 2009-12-15, 21:09   Link #1474
Jaden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar
To get the bad out of the way first: I abhor Nasu's pretentious pseudo-psychobabble. He has the tendency to pick a striking line which is obviously nonsense (like "A human can kill another human only once"), and then construes some fallacious reasoning to justify it. It doesn't change the fact that the original line is still 90% BS, but these 10% are supposed to contain insightful wisdom that the fan can enjoy. Unfortunately, I find no access to this pleasure. And don't get me started on Touko's differentiation between murder and slaughter... ugh.
As Mentar says, the meta-level of this story can be summarized as utter nonsense.
But, I still like it. The characters are magi, and others who see the world differently than people do. Nasu manages with his philosophical sessions to bring life to unique characters like that, and that's what I like about his works.
It really is love or hate?

Also:
Spoiler for 7th movie trivia:

Anyway it's been a good run and I enjoyed it thoroughly. Great anime adaption. Maybe there'll be some more material...if not, then the F/SN movie is up next!
Jaden is offline   Reply With Quote