View Single Post
Old 2010-11-22, 01:47   Link #54
DJ Trouble
Pajama Party!

Immaturity and being a spoiled brat aren't related. You can be one without the other, so you shouldn't say that because one trait is present it automatically makes her the other one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
I ascribe immaturity to her because she acts like a spoiled brat, a bitch, etc. You just say its her age. What exactly about her age is relevant?
I call her immature because of the KIRA dance she does when Meruru starts. I mean really, getting that excited at the opening song that you've seen who knows how many times before? So childish!

But again, I don't see immaturity and being a spoiled brat as related, so you mentioning the immaturity is irrelevant.

Quote:
Also, how can you say she has to work hard when everything falls nicely into her lap? I thought this episode made the point that she did a one-off novel and succeeded while people like Kuroneko fail again, and again despite the extraordinary effort they put in. She's been spoiled by the people around her, namely her brother and friends, and she has not needed to learn life's lessons really from WHAT IS PRESENTED to us. If she's got a past to offer justification to certain actions, I want to see it. So far though, it's inexcusable.
I say it because that's what we're told. We rarely see her doing any kind of work, but when we do, she's putting the feelings of her teammates above her own problems and giving it her all.

I don't see everything falling into her lap, because she barely has anything to begin with. She has two obligations, school and work, both of which she works hard at. She has two pasttimes, her friends and her eroge. For the longest time these were conflicting with each other, and she was, still is, extremely conscious of that fact. She can't be her complete self around her school friends, because lolerogesux, and she didn't have anyone to share her eroge hobby with because she thinks she's weird and a pervert for liking what she does.

I guess no one likes to think about the fact that she's obviously had her hobby for awhile, but has be alone and worried about getting caught, for good reason, the entire time. Yea, because that's not a hardship. That's things going exactly how Kirino wants them to go.

Quote:
Like I said above, lets see it then. I highly doubt there's much evidence to suggest otherwise, and I doubt there is much to her past to make us sympathize with her.
Hmm, I guess I did this one above.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Saving her from her situation with her best friend Ayase is more questionable though. Shouldn't Kirino learn how to manage her own friendships with others?
Didn't she try and fail? I remember Ayase crying on Kirino's shoulder after she gave some big speech because she still couldn't bring herself to be associated with Kirino's eroge hobby.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
And now what happened this episode... Kirino's now a pro in this industry. Shouldn't she be learning the ropes for herself? Shouldn't she be learning, from experience, how to deal with the JC Staffs and Kyoto Animations and Sunrises of her world?
I don't think Kirino's a pro, or going to be getting any more anime, or anything even close to what you're suggesting, but . . . After this first anime has been properly adapted, I think she'd be a little more open to having her story mangled and poorly adapted from her light novel or whatever they call the stories she writes.