View Single Post
Old 2008-05-09, 01:19   Link #11
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
I'm not sure where we're at but I'll comment on Kimi ga Nozomu Eien. It's true that I expected it to be a cliché romance/comedy/school series while I was watching episode one. In fact, I started the first episode like three times and could not get through it, almost dropping it in the process. Look where it is now in my rankings. The clue for me was the confirmation of a relationship at the end of episode one, and there won't be any I-love-you/I-hate-you deal going on like in Love Hina et al.

The fact that most people miss is that Elfen Lied is mature because of both violence and themes, not just one of them. However, I will say that Elfen Lied is a very bad choice to show people that anime is mature. I still think that all non-Nyuu scenes featuring nudity is not fanservice and they are there to emphasize on a theme/symbol/motif. The violence also isn't in excess, but is required. What's more likely to impact your view on abortion, a statement saying that "abortion is bad" or a picture of what comes out when a "child" is aborted? Believe me, I've seen the picture. I'm also not stating my views on abortion or will continue discussing this matter.