View Single Post
Old 2006-01-01, 13:51   Link #94
Muir Woods
Disheartened and Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFool
Actually that is the supposed holy grail of perfected love. It is the appreciation of the iconic Madonna character. It's what drives knights to seek the impossible, and artists to strive their best to capture. If only real-world women seek mental love instead of lust love then they are guaranteed absolute fidelity. If a character, fictional or otherwise, becomes the object of mental love, that character will remain an ideal in someone's heart.

Since love of whatever form makes people exhibit the same symptoms as addicts of crack cocaine, I'd say no problem with it, since it's mental anyway. I have yet to focus some energized form of mental love to God, but unlike anime characters, God is harder to characterize, thus it's still very difficult to me.
Interesting, that could be it: "perfect love". Now I have an urge to learn more about this "perfect love" in psychology, in an effort learn more about myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kj1980
When you spend 102,900 yen to adopt a Shinku limited edition SuperDollfie at this year's Dollpa14. http://www.volks.co.jp/jp/event/dolp...sd_shinku.html

It was either go and buying this, or Comike. I chose the latter.

But at least I got my hands on Yujin's Suiseiseki before it ran out, and I already pre-ordered my Suigintou from Animage.
I've said this in a dollfie thread before the hack incident. I'd purchase it if I weren't a starving university student. To pay for my car insurance so I can get to school, or order a Shinku SuperDollfie. Hmm, tough choices. My main priority in life now is my education, and my love for Shinku takes a second seat. In numerous more years after I graduate (and get my Master's or PhD) and when I get a better job (hopefully as an astronomer), that Shinku Dollfie will be in my bed. As for now, that Dollfie remains out of reach.

Last edited by Muir Woods; 2006-01-01 at 14:41.
Muir Woods is offline   Reply With Quote