View Single Post
Old 2014-03-13, 12:45   Link #61
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
Ussop never showed any fear when facing the fishmen. He did not rely on others and faced them complete confidence in his own strength and abilities. Fake luffy had a bounty of 26 million which would indeed put him above the average marine fodder... Their fodder by post-timeskip levels, but they are not anymore fodder that the average grunt working for Doflaimingo. Funny how Ussop could supposedly tell Fake Luffy was fodder, but wasn't able to tell the same of a pair of dock workers that he could have easily KO'd. You're just making excuses for Oda's inconsistencies.

Again, Oda could have given Ussop gradual change... don't know why i need to keep repeating that
I have serious doubts that Demaro Black would be strong enough to beat Arlong, who as "only" a 20 million bounty, so his bounty probably has more to do with his scams, which raised his "threat level", because he had a similar ability as Buggy, i.e. he could gather much much stronger people than him as his subordinates.

Usopp having no fear on fishman island was because the whole crew was together, which I pointed out in my last posts already and actually even in the discussion of the previous chapter. It had a calming effect on him. Not to mention just as in EL, there was no place for him to run away to anyway.

And as other people already pointed out, Usopp was not scared about the doc workers, but instead about being discovered, which would ruin the plan they had and also possibly cause the "big guns" like Trebol to appear, who Usopp was actually afraid of. He simply hoped it would go like "stealthily get to Sugar, shoot the Tabasco in her mouth/get the dwarves to make her it it, get tons of allies in form of the toys and have an easy win". He didn't want that "perfect opportunity" to be wasted, but in the end they were busted and Usopp who had no one from the crew near him started to panic because Sugar turned out to be a much stronger enemy than he expected and he would have to face off against 2 bosses at the same time. Not to mention he didn't know for sure if Trebols power is Logia-like as Caribou or more Paramecia-like as Mr. 3 and he probably must have shat his pants because of Sugar's ability that turned people into toys, while all people forget that you even exist. He was scared to die a pointless death, or even worse, to be forgotten (though I am not sure if he knew this part her ability) and having to work as a slave for the rest of his life. Expecting to do something like this from someone with the character of Usopp goes too far IMO. He actually is insane to run in now. I hope Franky comes to help or something like that, or that he manages to somehow pull off the strategy before being defeated.