View Single Post
Old 2006-10-20, 22:13   Link #271
Lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonhex View Post
True, but still even your average infantry man in any army would be trained to go without food/water for extended periods, certainly more than a day. In the real world Alice wouldn't be phased by missing a couple of meals, assuming she'd been through rudementary military training. Even as a noble, she should undergo this kind of training, otherwise how would she know about maneouvres, tactics, survival, weapons etc...
Actually, what her father said seems to imply that nobles can choose their positions in the imperial military, so I wouldn't be suprised if she didnt go thru any real training at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonhex
It's clear and her snooty sisters think she's just going through a fad with the military, whereas Alice is in it for life. No doubt she will be forced to choose between the two or risk disinheritance.
Hmm, I very much like the idea of Alice having to choose between nobility and her unit, S.S. III. It would really be the ultimate choice for her; as she views the two as one: because she's noble, she must serve war relief. But what if she gets disinherited, and is no longer a noble? I hope it goes towards that conflict.
Lost is offline   Reply With Quote