View Single Post
Old 2007-09-27, 23:29   Link #39
Nuke Mayhem
Shopping Hero 4ever

Send a message via AIM to Nuke Mayhem Send a message via Yahoo to Nuke Mayhem
Thumbs up

I just finished watching the series (all the eps made so far) and I have to say this was a funny and sweet(as in adorable) anime that I'm sure will have a cult fallowing like any good series. Event though the series had no giant robots(except in Konata's fantasies), epic twists or over-voluptuous females I found myself hooked to this show wanting to see what happens next no matter how "un-epic" it is. The "Lucky Channel" bits, the anime store owners bits, and ending credit bits(especialy when they go live action) are hilarious.

I even found myself having a bit of a crush on the blue haired, quick-tougned, Konata because I get her way of thinking of finding the cool in something most people will find boring, and while she indulges into her love for anime and games she can keep her head in reality and make a living. Isn't that what most hardcore-anime-fans want in a mate, someone who not only gets you but is like you.

What I think makes show anime so well without going to the old epic stand-by's and just sticking to normal every-day topics is that almost anybody can relate to these characters, anime fan or not. Whether your a the by-his/her-self type, the hard working type, the shy type, the too weak and unhealthy to do what you want type, the foreigner type, want at least some boobage type, or whatever type of person you are, you'll likely find a characters in this series that you will understand and fall in love with (if you haven't figure it out yet, my character's Konata. tongue. ).

9/10
Nuke Mayhem is offline   Reply With Quote