View Single Post
Old 2012-09-03, 16:19   Link #77
Ero-Senn1n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter View Post
Also you do count physical abilities as part of being a genius. What do you think Shikamaru and Kakashi's higher IQ is? They are smarter than nearly anyone and they use this innate ability to their advantage.
Just as they were born smarter there are people who are naturally stronger, tougher or faster. People like Nagato, Sasuke, Itachi and many others are natural born ninja. Naruto learned in a few day what Jiraiya couldn't master in a life time, that's what make them exceptional.
Well if you count a mental ability as a physical one then our definition of genius is completely different so there's really no point in arguing about it.
My impression was the the author wanted us to look at some characters (Kakashi, Minato, Itachi, Shikamaru) as being more effective at using their resources (jutsu, abilities and chakra) and analyzing the situation to choose the right action than others are. That's why i think that their genius is even above of the others, who of course are also geniuses in the ninja world but not as much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter View Post
Your definition of outsmarting is always incredibly flimsy when Itachi is concerned.
I look only at the facts: Kabuto completely outpowered them and yet he failed to beat them. And again: i wasn't comparing Kabuto to Itachi but the brothers, if it was not for Itachi's decision Sasuke would already be captured by Kabuto. Sure Sasuke is a genius who can invent incredible things like taking control of a thunder.
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote