Thread: Licensed Simoun
View Single Post
Old 2006-05-02, 23:13   Link #295
Futaba-chan
Seigi no Mikata

Send a message via AIM to Futaba-chan Send a message via Yahoo to Futaba-chan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo
I just looked at the first part of ep3, where Morinas is looking at the Simouns. At around 4:05 in my raw, you can see a dark armature that passes in from the right-hand side of the picture into the space between the Helical Motorises.
That looks like the articulated frame that the "wings" are attached to, that holds them and moves them in and out as the Simoun changes between landing and flight configuration.

Quote:
I actually have more problem with the Arcus Prima, because although I take for granted that there is some kind of big HM in the snailshell, I've never seen it moving.
That is rather mysterious, isn't it? I've wondered about that. Does AP have some other propulsion mechanism that it's using to cruise around and stay airborne? For that matter, can Arcus Prima herself trace out really enormous Ri Maajon patterns? What happens when they spin that (or those -- it looks like there are two of them, side by side) up?

Quote:
And the Maaju Pool is also a mystery to me.
Indeed... do the flight suits only work in the pool? If they work outside of it, why not wear them on actual missions as a substitute for a parachute? If the pool is the only place where they work, shouldn't there be a safety net on the bottom to prevent a Sibylla from wandering out of it and plummeting to her death? For that matter, shouldn't there be one anyway, in case a spectator at the pool's edge falls in?
Futaba-chan is offline   Reply With Quote