View Single Post
Old 2006-05-04, 16:15   Link #35
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by roguenoir
Sorry I can't read Japanese but can anyone tell if it's officially stated that Otome and Yume are Junichi AND Nemu's grandchildren (obviously they're hinting at it but from what I've read, there's no mention of Nemu anywhere so far.)

And I doubt the principal Sakura is the same Sakura from DC.. she'd be an old lady now after 50 something years.. then again, she's got magic so who knows.
Well, I don't know if they've said so "officially", but that's one heck of a strong hint. It may be that they're going to reveal that backstory as part of the game, or it may be that they're going to leave it to the player's imagination (as in, "if they *really* want to believe they're not Nemu's grandkids, let them...") Who knows... (I'm also going to take a total stab in the dark here and guess that Nemu's probably dead... and for kicks, might as well also guess that the grandkids will refer to "grandma" in a generic sense, just to mess with people who want to connect the timelines.)

As for the Sakura though... again, no proof, but I think it's incredibly likely that it is in fact the same Sakura. They hinted that she's been around the school for "a long time now", she's the school principal, she has the exact same VA as the first game, and she still "hasn't aged a day" in appearances compared to the Sakura we know from the first game... If it's not the same Sakura, they've given us every reason to believe that she is. Plus, as AvatarST postulated before, they arguably need the Yoshino presense to make the "Da Capo" work - both her and Junichi being around will drive home the connection between the two timelines. As with the first point, though, obviously they're still being a bit vague on some of the backstory, but we should know a lot more in a few weeks time! (If you want more "stab-in-the-dark speculation", what if the tree's magic is keeping her alive forever, and she needs the grandkids' help to finally escape its power? Hmm...)
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote