View Single Post
Old 2006-11-13, 21:39   Link #114
mit7059

Quote:
Originally Posted by mimo View Post
I don't know whether this will be again rated "crass language" or "flame bait", this is just my own observation of the current modern Japan culture.
Uhh yeah it probably will be, I think you should read the first few posts on this thread, this isn't a place to critique Japanese culture its a place to ask and answer specific questions about Japanese culture and then discuss them, things like the above discussion about the merits/dismerits of putting soy sauce on rice. The main reason why people get angry at your posts is because you make sweeping generalizations that easily offend people, such as
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimo
the modern Japanese culture looks to be quite self-centered. Anything profitting them is right, everything else is wrong, almost completely disregarding morals, facts, and truth. And an extreme lack of sense of justice with a strong sense of self-righteous-ness.
Now can you see why people would be offended by that? You just called Japanese people self-centered, obsessed with greed, immoral, unjust, self-righteous who disregard truth. Even when you add the modifier
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimo
This is my own experience online.
It will still easily offend people. You're especially going to get people angry here, considering that this is a site devoted to an aspect of the Japanese culture. This isn't a political discussion forum, its an anime forum.

More of a manga reader now than an anime watcher. Currently reading list here
mit7059 is offline   Reply With Quote