View Single Post
Old 2007-02-10, 18:59   Link #30
Corn
Gotta kill 'em all!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rare View Post

But it's that sense of drive and of goals that are much stronger, much more vivid and far reaching than the kind of goals we are likely to have IRL, which I really envy. My goals? Pass my degree, get a job, fall in love (hopefully ^^) ... all fairly standard. Most anime characters want to save the world, uncover some truth or other, or just fulfill something immensely important to them personally. That's what I find missing from real life. interestingly, that's the reason a Blizzard 'higher-up' gave for the success of World of Warcraft: that it gives people a sense of doing something heroic which they lack from their normal lives.

S.
yes. EXACTLY mate. My life is boring and ordinary.

And yet nothing has happened to me... I dont live in a country full of war or pain or disease and I have never lost anyone close to me and I have never been treated bad.

It sounds insane... but its almost like that I want something bad to happen so I got a point to live or accomplish something. People say, go out and help strangers, but for that you need an initiative.

I get this really cold hollow feeling inside when I am done watching an anime.

When I got into naruto last year, I watched... about 150 episodes in one week. From the moment i got out of bed I sat all day and watched naruto. I did this for 5 days straight. only breaks was sleep, going to get something eat, bathroom. and at that point I felt I was in this other place... and now having to wait a week to watch, is just killing me. and its only 22 minutes.

I mean... I seriously feel like crap when I leave these worlds.

I think the key might be the phrase "find something you love and protect it". But I dont got any great war to go to, or anyone who has done anything bad to me, or any goals or anything I particularly want.

your right when you say that anime characters do. Animes are good at telling stories, and stories are driven by the characters, and characters are driven by their motivations, and feelings. this is what makes good stories.
And thats why my life would make a bad story.
Just another ordinary drone.

My parents did not get killed by an evil monster, my land was not ravaged by war, i did not got cheated or treated unfairly.

It takes me back to the ideologies of the matrix. A cool movie that you have probably seen. There is this scene where one of the bad guys(an agent) talks about how humans cant live a perfect life, in a world only full of happiness, because we need suffering, hate, sadness and mourning to make us feel alive, and remind us what good things are.

Maybe we need to experience something terrible to appreciate life. But going after something willingly is absolutely insane, right?

Im beginning to sound like a complete nut job... holy crap.
Corn is offline   Reply With Quote