View Single Post
Old 2014-07-20, 05:43   Link #7
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
That actually depends on the intention of the posters. If they just want to express their feelings without belittling other’s opinions, I think everything will turn out fine. But if the intention is really to talk down to others, look for arguments, and picking a fight then things will get messy regardless of the topic. A closed discussion in itself is not really a problem, looking at the relative success of threads like “Favorite mecha in Gundam series”, my own “Villians who are truly great and could’ve been great” and many similar threads that relies on subjective opinions.
Of course, if the posters are all willing, that's an ultimate win for all of us. "Belittling" and "debating" are very different as well, of course. Flaming is something we can't stop, but when one starts what should be an open discussion with
Quote:
I feel that no 13+ guy should have a woman's voice except when he gets turned into a girl, is very effeminate/androgynous, or regularly cross dresses.
, there are bound to be quotes that lead into what I commented on earlier.

Thinking about it deeper though, if we all luckily treat the thread as simply this line:
Quote:
That being said, what 13+ guy do you do think it was a miscast for the Japanese to have a female voice for him?
it could progress well like your examples. It all depends on how the message gets to people; hopefully not too many people are hit with the first line, like I was.

To actually answer the original post, I don't believe I've seen a young boy portrayed poorly by a female seiyuu. If there were any, I'd see it as a general miscast instead of it being poorly cast due to gender.